Kamaasa Shoten Co., Ltd. ("we", "us", or "our") recognizes that it is our corporate social responsibility to properly handle and protect information that can be used to identify specific individuals ("personal information"), such as names, addresses, and e-mail addresses, in the course of conducting mail-order sales, and we will implement the following measures.
- 1.Purpose of Use
- We shall specify the purpose of use of personal Information and shall use Personal Information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, except as otherwise provided by law. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that personal information is not handled in a manner that exceeds the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use. The purposes of use of customers' personal information in our company are as follows.
(1) Business activities
1. Mail order sales and related operations
2. Other business that we may engage in and operations incidental thereto
(including operations that will be permitted to be handled in the future)
(2) Purpose of use
1. To accept applications for use of mail order services
2. To confirm conditions for using mail order services
3. To exercise rights and fulfill obligations based on contracts and laws with customers
4. To research and develop various settlement services through market research and data analysis
5. To send direct mailings and other various proposals and information regarding various settlement services
6. To propose and provide information on products and services of partner companies, etc.
7. To provide other important notices related to the provision of services.
- 2. Acquisition of Personal Information
- When acquiring personal information, we will inform you of the purpose of use and our contact person, and only acquire personal information to the extent necessary.
- 3. Restriction on Provision to Third Parties
- We will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties other than subcontractors and business partners without the consent of the individual, except as required by law.
- 4. Handling of personal information requiring special consideration
- We will not acquire sensitive personal information (race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal record, facts of criminal offenses, or any other information that requires special consideration in order to prevent unjust discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantages to the individual), except when we have the prior consent of the individual or when required by law, etc. (Information that requires special consideration so as not to cause unjust discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantage to the person in question) will not be obtained except in cases where the consent of the person in question has been obtained in advance or where required by law.
- 5. Compliance with Consignment Contracts
- We will appropriately manage the personal information entrusted to us by the consignee in the consignment contract and use it within the scope of that contract.
- 6. Management System
- In order to strengthen company-wide efforts to protect personal information, we appoint a person in charge of management and continuously educate and enlighten our employees.
- 7. Proper Management of Personal Information
- We will endeavor to store and manage personal information in an accurate and up-to-date manner, and will take safety control measures to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information. At the same time, in the event of an accident, we will take prompt and appropriate action and make our utmost efforts to correct the accident, including preventing its recurrence.
- 8. Management of outsourcing
- In the event that we outsources the processing of personal information to an external contractor, we shall contract with the contractor to ensure that the information is not leaked or re-provided to third parties, and shall manage the information in an appropriate manner.
- 9. Requests for Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will respond to requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, suspension of use, etc., of personal information, as well as complaints and consultations, as soon as reasonably possible, by contacting the contact person in charge at our company.
- 10. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- In handling personal information, we will comply with laws and regulations, national policies, and other norms regarding the handling of personal information.
- 11. Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
- We will review our personal information protection management system in light of developments in information technology and changes in social demands, and strive to continuously improve our handling of customers' personal information.
Kamaasa Shoten Co., Ltd.
Yoichi Wada （Business operator handling personal information）
- Contact us
- If you have any questions regarding your personal information, please contact us.
Kamaasa Shoten Co., Ltd.
Attention: Yoichi Wada (Business operator handling personal information）