- Cancellation before shipment
- We accept cancellation of orders that have not yet been shipped. To request cancellation, please contact us using the inquiry form as soon as possible. Orders cannot be cancelled if they have already been shipped.
- Order products not listed online
- You can order products not listed online. Please feel free to contact us using the inquiry form.
- Reservations for products out of stock
- We accept reservations for products out of stock. Please contact us using the inquiry form. We will provide details including the arrival schedule.
Payment at Kappabashi store
- Payment options
- Cash, credit card and electronic payment methods.
Payment in online store
- Payment options
- We accept credit card payment and cash on delivery (COD). Please note that COD is for domestic orders only.
Credit card payment
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB.
COD (NOT available for international orders)
A commission fee below is charged for each delivery, based on the total amount of purchase.
- For orders up to JPY30,000: JPY330
- For orders from JPY30,001 to JPY100,000: JPY550
- For orders from JPY100,001 to JPY200,000: JPY880
- For order from JPY200,001 to JPY300,000: JPY990
- Difference between the amount of the order and the amount debited from the credit card.
- There may be some extra charges (e.g. cross border charges) from your bank when paying in Euros from within the EU. Please inquire your bank for the payment details. If it is not the extra charge from the bank, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- Different product pricing depending on destination country/area
- Our online shop offers different product prices when we ship orders overseas.
- Japan: Domestic product prices (10% consumption tax included) in JPY
- EU: Product prices for EU region in EUR
- non-EU countries: Product prices for non-EU region in USD
Please kindly note we offer discounted shipping cost when shipping to overseas. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us using the inquiry form.
Please see here.
Return, refund & exchange
Please see here.
- Repair of knives
- Most of the chipping can be repaired by re-sharpening the blade. We offer a fee-based knife sharpening service. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us using the inquiry form. Blades can chip by cutting hard ingredients such as bones, seeds or frozen food, dropping and mishandling, or stabbing into hard cutting boards.
We also accept repairs on knives purchased from other stores. Please refer to our knife sharpening service for details.
- Repair of kitchen utensils
- Please get in touch using the inquiry form. Availability and cost of repair depends on the type and condition of the product.
- We offer a fee-based gift wrapping at JPY660 per set (tax included). To request a gift wrapping, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- What it looks like
- Our products will be wrapped in a cloth bag, either in a drawstring style with a ribbon or in a box style with a crossed ribbon. The wrapping style cannot be specified because it depends on the size of products. We can wrap multiple products in one bag as long as all the products fit in one bag. To request a gift wrapping, please contact us using the inquiry form.
For online orders, we offer a free engraving service for knives only. Engraving options are displayed on the product page for each knife. Please select the desired engraving option, enter text and add the knife to cart. Engraving for products other than knives is only available at our physical store at Kappabashi, Tokyo.
Request a receipt
You can issue a receipt yourself if you pay by credit card. Please print your receipt from the link provided on the order completion screen, my page, or order confirmation email. If you wish to receive a receipt for cash on delivery payment, please request us using the inquiry form.