- Can I cancel my order?
- We accept cancellation of orders that have not yet been shipped. To request cancellation, please contact us using the inquiry form as soon as possible. Orders cannot be cancelled if they have already been shipped.
- I want to request return, refund or exchange items.
- All sales are final. We are unable to accept any returns or exchanges for international orders except the following cases.
WRONG ITEMS DELIVERED
Please contact us using the inquiry form within 5 days of package arrival. Please provide us with as much information as possible including your order number and photos of the wrong item you received. We will send you a correct item or refund you. If you do not notify us within 5 days of package arrival, we consider you accept the wrong item and will not send a correct item or refund you.
DAMAGED/FAULTY ITEMS DELIVERED
Please contact us using the inquiry form within 5 days of package arrival. Please provide us with as much information as possible including your order number and photos of the outer box and the damaged/faulty item you received. Please do not discard all items, box and cushioning material in order for us to file a claim with shipping companies. If you do not notify us within 5 days of package arrival, we are not responsible for the damaged/faulty items.
- I am interested in purchasing a certain amount of items for my restaurant. Who should I contact?
- Please feel free to contact us using the inquiry form. We are happy to make a quotation for your order. It would be helpful if you could first tell us the delivery address and the desired due date so that we can proceed smoothly.
- Can I order items not listed online?
- Yes, you can order items not listed online. Please feel free to contact us using the inquiry form.
- I want to make a custom order.
- Please contact us using the inquiry form. We will respond what we can do for you.
- Is it possible to make a reservation for items out of stock?
- Yes, we accept reservations for items out of stock. Please contact us using the inquiry form. We will provide details including the arrival schedule.
- Do you wholesale?
- Please contact us using the inquiry form.
- What payment options do you accept?
- Payment at Kappabashi store
We accept payment by cash, credit card and electronic payment methods.
Payment in our online store
We accept credit card payment and cash on delivery (COD). Please note that COD is for domestic orders only.
Credit card payment
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB.
COD (NOT available for international orders)
A commission fee below is charged for each delivery, based on the total amount of purchase.
- For orders up to JPY30,000: JPY330
- For orders from JPY30,001 to JPY100,000: JPY550
- For orders from JPY100,001 to JPY200,000: JPY880
- For order from JPY200,001 to JPY300,000: JPY990
- There is a difference between the amount of the order and the amount debited from the credit card.
- There may be some extra charges (e.g. cross border charges) from your bank when paying in Euros from within the EU. Please inquire your bank for the payment details. If it is not the extra charge from the bank, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- I found there is a price difference when I change the shipping address to overseas.
- Our online shop offers different item prices when we ship orders overseas.
- Japan: Domestic item prices (10% consumption tax included) in JPY
- EU: Item prices for EU region in EUR
- non-EU countries: Item prices for non-EU region in USD
Please kindly note we offer discounted shipping cost when shipping to overseas. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us using the inquiry form.
- Can I request for unattended delivery?
- We deliver items in the form of in-person pickup and signature.
Someone at the recipient’s address must sign for the delivery.
Please kindly note that we cannot compensate for any loss of your package if customers have chosen a delivery method other than the above (e.g. Unattended Delivery) by themselves.
- How long does it take to dispatch my order?
- We will dispatch the package within 2-4 business days (except weekends and public holidays) after your purchase. If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. After shipment, we will provide you with the tracking number by email.
- When would my items arrive?
- Domestic orders
Your package will be delivered in 1-4 days after dispatch from our warehouse in Japan.
Your package will be delivered in 4-10 days after dispatch from our warehouse in Japan. The below delivery times are our estimates of delivery lead time to major cities in each region. We typically dispatch packages within 2-4 business days (excluding weekends and public holidays) of receiving your order. We ship by air and all packages can be tracked.
- Asia: 4-5 business days
- North America: 4-5 business days
- Europe: 4-5 business days
- Oceania: 4-5 business days
- The delivery date cannot be specified.
- The delivery times do not include packing times.
- When we are having high volume orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days.
- The delivery times may vary depending on the service status of shipping companies, delays in customs clearance procedures, etc.
- I made mistake with my delivery address.
- When you find your delivery address is incorrect/incomplete, please contact us using the inquiry form immediately. We can correct the delivery address unless your package has already been dispatched. If your package is returned or resent due to an incorrect/incomplete delivery address, you will be charged with all the cost incurred in returning/resending your package including customs duties for re-importation. Please make sure to enter the correct delivery address.
- How much does shipping cost?
- Domestic orders
Shipping cost is JPY1,210.
Shipping cost varies depending on the delivery area and the weight and size of items. You can find the shipping cost by entering your shipping information on the checkout page.
- I could not receive my package. What should I do?
- We cannot guarantee the items if they are disposed of by the shipping company due to your absence. In addition, if you wish to reship items returned to us, please note that you will be responsible for the cost of returning and resending them as well as any customs duties incurred upon re-importation.
- Can I purchase items from within Japan and have them shipped overseas?
- Please contact us using the inquiry form.
- Can I request a receipt?
- Yes, you can issue a receipt yourself if you pay by credit card. Please print your receipt from the link provided on the order completion screen, my page, or order confirmation email. If you wish to receive a receipt for cash on delivery payment, please request us using the inquiry form.
- What should I do if a knife I purchased from KAMA-ASA has a chip?
- Most of the chipping can be repaired by re-sharpening the blade. We offer a fee-based knife sharpening service. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us using the inquiry form. Blades can chip by cutting hard ingredients such as bones, seeds or frozen food, dropping and mishandling, or stabbing into hard cutting boards.
- Can any type of knife be repaired, such as stainless steel?
- All knives we handle can be repaired with the exception of knives that are severely damaged. Repairing chipping and removing rust will restore sharpness and allow you to use your knives for a longer period of time. We also offer a fee-based knife sharpening service.
Please note we may not be able to repair knives with unknown blade materials, such as knives purchased at other stores.
- Do you gift wrap?
- Yes, we offer a fee-based gift wrapping at JPY660 per set (tax included). To request a gift wrapping, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- What does the gift wrapping look like?
- Items will be wrapped in a cloth bag, either in a drawstring style with a ribbon or in a box style with a crossed ribbon. The wrapping style cannot be specified because it depends on the size of items. To request a gift wrapping, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- Can you wrap multiple items in one package?
- Yes, we can do that as long as all the items fit in one bag. If some of the items in your order requires gift wrapping and some do not, please contact us using the inquiry form.
- Can all items be gift wrapped?
- Certain items that do not fit in a cloth bag cannot be gift wrapped.
- Do you engrave your items?
- Yes, but for online orders, we offer a free engraving service for knives only. Engraving options are displayed on the product page for each knife. Please select the desired engraving option, enter text and add the knife to cart. Engraving for items other than knives is only available at our physical store at Kappabashi, Tokyo.