We at KAMA-ASA welcome our customers with a wide range of good tools with a reason. When visiting our store, please feel free to touch each tool to experience how good tools feel like. We ask our customers keep on using our quality cooking tools known to have individual reason for many years to come. By doing so, we believe Japanese tradition of good cooking tools will be passed down to future. We look forward to welcoming you in our shop.
- Matsugaya 2-24-1, Taito, Tokyo
- Kumazawa Daisuke
- The shop founded by the 1st generation owner Minosuke Kumazawa first opens in Kappabashi, Tokyo under the name "Kumazawa Imono Ten" mainly dealing Kama-pots.
- The 2nd generation owner Taro Kumazawa changes the shop name to "KAMA-ASA Shoten" literally meaning in short "the foundry shop in Asakusa".
- Daisuke Kumazawa is appointed the 4th generation owner.
- A branch shop opens in Hiroo, Tokyo (The shop was closed in 2012)
- April 2011
- KAMA-ASA reopens after implementation of rebranding schemes.
- January 2012
- Pop-up shop "KAMA-ASA Moving shop" project kicks off.
- October 2013
- KAMA-ASA's shop-in-shop opens at D&DEPARTMENT TOKYO
- April 2014
- First overseas solo exhibition "EXPOSITION VENTE DE COUTEAUX JAPONAIS
("Japanese knives and its background") kicks off in Paris, France.
- December 2014
- KAMA-ASA's shop-in-shop opens at Shonan TSUTAYA BOOKS in Fujisawa, Kanagawa.
- March 2015
- Publication of Daisuke Kumazawa's first book "Guide to KAMA-ASA's Cooking Tools"
- April 2016
- KAMA-ASA's shop-in-shop opens at Hakodate TSUTAYA BOOKS in Hakodate, Hokkaido.
- May 2016
- Second solo exhibition kicks off in Paris, France.